The Chicago Teachers Union's (CTU) Political Action and Legislative Committee has released their early endorsements for the March primary elections.
"We are focused on getting an elected, representative school board in Chicago, progressive revenue solutions that will fund our school district and halt the attacks on our pensions, and the full restoration of our collective bargaining rights," said CTU President Karen GJ Lewis. "Therefore, our first priority is to get champions in the statehouse. This means that we need political leaders who are grounded in our mission to strengthen our schools; and, they must be able to win."
Here is the labor group's short list of endorsements:
- State Senator William Delgado--District 2
- State Representative Elgie Sims--District 34
- State Representative LaShawn Ford--District 8
- State Representative Ann Williams--District 11
- State Representative Cynthia Soto--District 4
- State Representative Robert Martwick--District 19
- Community leader Jay Travis--District 26