Roundy's, the owner of the Mariano's grocery stores, has announced plans to buy 11 Dominick's locations in the Chicagoland area.
The 11 Dominick's locations set to be purchased and turned into Mariano's stores are:
• Aurora: 3025 E. New York St.
• Buffalo Grove: 450 Half Day Rd.
• Chicago: 3145 S. Ashland Ave.
• Chicago: 2021 W. Chicago Ave.
• Chicago: 5201 N. Sheridan Rd.
• Gurnee: 6655 Grand Ave.
• Northfield: 1822 Willow Rd.
• Park Ridge: 1900 S. Cumberland Ave.
• Shorewood: 950 Brook Forest Ave.
• Westchester: 3020 S. Wolf Rd.
• Western Springs: No. 14 Garden Market Street
The $36 million deal, which is set to close sometime this month, will see the stores quickly turned around into Mariano's stores within one to two months after the sale is complete.
With the latest announcement, a total of 15 Dominick's stores have been purchased, with four being bought by Albertson's, the owner of Jewel-Osco. As of now, the 57 remaining stores will either be sold or shuttered. Dominick's plans to close its doors by December 28, meaning all of the stores that are not sold by then will close permanently, leaving the workers in the locations that have not been sold without jobs. More than 5,600 workers are set to be impacted by the impending closure of Dominick's, which was announced back in October.